22 Aug 2015

7 Things I've Out Grown


I know as we get older as our life situations changes, so does our interests. I find as I age what I use to enjoy or spend my spare time doing, I no longer seem to find as ... interesting. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, it's all part of our individual journey. There's still so much of living to do but, but here are a list of things I've noticed I've out grown.

1. Watching a lot of television
Probably because there isn't a lot of good things on free tv, I don't find watching a whole lot of television that appealing anymore. My dad would smile if he read this. Growing up he always use to hassle me about the amount of time I spent in front of the tv in my late teens. Since I don't particularly like spending too much time in front of the tv, I haven't committed to any new series, especially if their episodes go for longer than 30 minutes.

2. Getting drunk and wasted
Or drinking a whole lot in general. I prefer a glass or two of my favourite drop, or drinking something a little more healthy and good for the body. The main reason is now being a parent you don't get the luxury of being totally wrecked the next day anyways. You can't stay in bed all day nursing a hang over, so being completely obliterated is just not worth it. (I think my dad would also be smiling reading this too.)

3. Sweating the small things
As I've gotten older, I've grown into myself more. So when faced with challenging situations I'm more certain of my decisions, and if I'm still not 100% I don't let it get to me as much. I've learnt to look at situations in different angles, or identify different solution options to the same problem. As I've gotten older I've realised I can control certain aspects of a situation, even when it doesn't go my way, how I react to it can actually change the outcome. 

4. Shopping for the sake of shopping
Don't get me wrong I'm still very much interested in what the latest fashion is, I just don't feel the urge to have it - if at all. When we're out at a local shopping centre my husband will ask "Do you want to go shop for anything?" My response is always "Where am I going to wear it to - play dates, kid's parties?"

5. Investing time in the wrong relationships
When I say "wrong" I'm referring to those types of people who are either negative to your spirit, who gossip too much, waste your time or don't prioritise you. Basically any relationship that seems too hard, fake or difficult to keep, I've stopped them from taking up anymore of my time.

6. Eating like my 20's
Sure I have burgers, cronuts and carbs, you got to live life. You can have those things ... in moderation. I'm just more conscious of what foods I eat to fuel in my body, and that's based on being more aware of how my body reacts to food. For years I've removed drinking fizzy drinks, so the occasions I do drink it I feel gassy, bloated and the food I've eaten with it isn't digesting. (Well I think it isn't cause it feels stuck.) So I've decided to not have it at all anymore. 

7. Talking sh!t
My profile across all my social media platforms use to include "opinionated" as an adjective to describe myself. I still am, but I've learnt over the years sometimes its better to just keep those opinions to myself. Firstly, I've done a back flip on half the things I said especially things relating to parenting. Secondly, I've realised people say a lot of things but their actions are what speaks the most, so over the years I let my actions do all the talking. 


I certainly don't think my life is set in stone, or know everything, but it's exciting knowing life is full of surprises and curve balls - keeps things interesting. I'm sure in a few years time I'll look back at this phase in my life and realise I've also outgrown things I do today - that's part of life, part of evolving and growing. What are some of the things you've out grown? 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons

Share this post with friends